Baby vaccination is one of the most important things that should be planned for a baby by his or her parents. It is also something that is highly recommended. I, being a mother takes the subject of vaccination really seriously and I do hope that every parent reading this article actually does the same. In this article, I have highlighted and explained the importance of administering Hepatitis B vaccination for baby.
Before you go ahead I want to you to understand the basics of the Hepatitis B vaccine, its price and schedule chart, when you should not go with it & precautions you need to take care before vaccination. You may like full vaccination chart in India here
What is Hepatitis B Vaccine and Why to Take It?
Hepatitis B is nothing but a disease that a person shall be prone to get if she or he is infected by the virus of the same name that is Hepatitis B. If you administer your baby with the Hepatitis B vaccine at an early stage itself, the vaccine will protect your child from getting this disease
The following people should take the vaccine:
- If you are living in close proximity to a person who is infected with the hepatitis B virus
- If the nature of your job is such that you come in regular contact with someone else’s blood
- If you are a patient who has dialysis infection
- If you happen to be a patient who is infected with the HIV virus
- If you are someone who has not attained the age of 60 years and suffer from diabetes
- If you are someone who suffers from the disease of the liver to a great extent
Hepatitis B Vaccine for Children
As a mother, I should give this vaccine to my child in the following manner, as suggested by the doctors:
At the time of birth, the first dose has to be given. By the time the child is 6 to 18 months of age, the whole recommended series of the vaccine should have been administered by that time
In the section that follows, I have given the chart and the price schedule for Hepatitis B vaccination.
Hepatitis B Vaccine Chart and Price 2018
As mentioned above, I was told about the following prices for administering vaccine B for my baby:
- The first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine has to be given at the time of birth itself. This dose is available for rupees 175 in India.
- When the age of the child is in between 6 weeks to 2 months, the second dose of Hepatitis B needs to be given. This again is available at rupees 175 in the country
- The third dose of the Hepatitis B vaccine is also available at the same price as above and should be given when the age of the child is somewhere in between 14 weeks to 6 months
Also Read: Hepatitis A Vaccine Price List & Chart
Who Should not Get the Vaccine?
Before I decide to administer vaccine B to my baby, I was advised by the doctors to remember that in a few known circumstances, the vaccine is best avoided and you should not opt for vaccination to your baby in such a situation. The following points list down the situations when vaccines should not be given to the child:
- To begin with, I will first need to check with the doctors if my baby is prone to have one or the other kind of allergies. Some of the allergies can even be threatening for life and hence, it is important that I get the same checked. There are various components that go into the injection when the vaccine is made and hence I need to check whether or not my baby is allergic to any such known components.
- If my baby has some mild coldness, I can still think of giving the vaccine. However, if he or she ia suffering from a serious illness, then it is better that I avoid giving the Hepatitis B vaccine to my child
Precautions to be Taken During Vaccination
In addition to the above, my doctor has also advised me to be really careful when my baby is getting the vaccination and to be mindful of the following general precautions:
- Do not forget to check the expiry date of the vaccine that is to be administered to the baby at any cost
- Ensure to communicate all the fits and illness that the baby must have had at the time of getting the vaccination done
- Get the vaccine done from a well-known and reputed medical center
- Most importantly, do not forget to consult your medical expert before you decide to get your baby vaccinated
Also, Check 5 Vaccine for Newborn with Chart and Price
Thus, to conclude the main purpose of writing this article is to bring to your notice the importance of getting the child vaccinated with the Hepatitis B vaccine at an early age itself. I shall definitely take my baby to get her vaccinated. I hope you shall get inspired and do the same after reading this article on the Hepatitis B vaccine. do share your thoughts and comment below
Latest posts by RK N (see all)
- HPV Vaccine Cost / Price & Schedule Chart in India - January 28, 2019
- TDAP Vaccine Price & Schedule Chart in India 2019 - January 25, 2019
- Polio Vaccine Date 2019 – Polio Drops Next Date, Cost & Price in India - January 25, 2019