I am a parent and I am aware of various different kinds of vaccines that are needed to be given to my baby so that he or she can have a life devoid of various kinds of diseases and other ailments. Baby vaccination should be one of the most important parts of every parents’ journey and is also something that is highly recommended by most of the medical experts all around the globe. In this article, I have tried to list down more details about the Hepatitis A vaccine. I have also tried to list down the schedule and the price for taking this particular vaccine.
What is the hepatitis A Vaccine and Why to Take It?
Hepatitis A is a disease caused by the virus by the same name that is Hepatitis. It disables the normal functioning of your liver. If given to my baby, the chances of my baby getting the disease will reduce to a great extent and will probably prevent it
The following people should take the vaccine:
- If you are living in a community which has a high volume of hepatitis A virus causes diseases
- If you are into using street drugs
- You are unable to clot your blood naturally and some blood products are required for the same
- If you have a disease related to the liver for a long time
- If you are exposed to HAV affected animals to a great extent
In the section that follows, I have listed down the conditions in which you should not give your baby the proposed vaccination.
Hepatitis A1 Vaccine Chart and Price
I was told about the following prices for administering the vaccine A1 for my baby:
The first vaccine has to be administered when the baby is around 12 months old and can be made available at a price of somewhere in between 1000 rupees to 1400 rupees.
The second vaccine has to be administered when the baby is around 18 months old and can be made available at a price of somewhere in between 1000 rupees to 1400 rupees.
[my_highlight]Follow more vaccine chart in india here[/my_highlight]
Who Should Not Get the Vaccine?
The doctor suggested that before I decide to go for this type of vaccine for my baby, I have to remember the fact that the Hepatitis vaccine cannot be given in the following cases:
- If the baby has been known to have some or the other kind of serious allergy as a result of getting the Hepatitis vaccine in the past. The doctor also advised me to check all the different components that go into the vaccine so that I am well aware of the component parts and should not administer the vaccine to my baby in case my baby is allergic to the component parts.
- The doctor also advised me to wait for the vaccine if my baby has taken ill
Precautions to be Taken During Vaccination
I have been advised to make sure about the following while administering the vaccine to my baby:
- The baby should be given the vaccination in a well-known and reputed hospital
- You have to consult the baby’s doctor before going for the vaccination
- Any kind of fits or convulsions that your baby will have had has to be communicated to the doctor
- The expiry date of the vaccine has to always be checked
I hope that this article has been able to present the importance of administering hepatitis a vaccine to your baby. After going through the importance of the vaccine, I will definitely not miss administering the vaccine to my baby. I hope you shall do the same! do share your comment below.