Vaccination is one of the most important things that you need to give to your child. As a parent and mother myself, I am really particular about what vaccines does my child need and what is the correct dose of the same. I recall when I have gone through BCG vaccination for my baby and wanted to write this blog for all fellow mother who is yet to give BVG vaccine to their baby. Read on.
What is the BCG Vaccine?
BCG vaccine is one of the most important vaccines that is required to prevent tuberculosis (TB). This vaccine can only work in your child if he or she has not been affected by the disease already. The vaccine is known to contain the live bacteria, which, in turn, helps to give immunity to the disease.
Precautions that are required to be taken
My doctor advised me to take the following precautions if I were to administer the BCG vaccine to my child:
- I should report of any kind of allergies that my child has
- Any allergies that my child might have from the various types of components that are present in the vaccine are also to be reported
- If my child has been ill for quite some time now, my doctor might advise me to avoid administering the vaccine
- I should also report any kind of disorders that my child might have with respect to his or her immune system. The diseases might include something like cancer, leukemia, and others
BCG Vaccination Chart in India
BCG is the vaccine that is recommended for your child if he or she is at a higher risk of developing the tuberculosis disease and is under the age of 35 years. As there is hardly any evidence of the working of the vaccine in adults above the age of 35 years, it is usually not recommended by the doctors too.
In addition, the vaccine has to be administered to the following people:
- If you are staying in a country where the Tuberculosis is like an endemic
- If you are a person who has been exposed to the possibility of a multi-resistant drug
- If you are a person who lives in an area where you feel that your child has been exposed greatly to the possibility of getting the disease
- If you have a condition that has likely reduced your immunity or you have diseases such as autoimmune diseases, you should not take the vaccine
- Besides, in case you or your child is exposed to any kinds of allergies or allergies arising out of the components with which the vaccine is made, you again need to avoid administering the same into yourself or your child
- A woman who is pregnant should also avoid the vaccine
Also, Read more on MMR Vaccine in India
Price of the BCG Vaccine In India
The cost of the BCG vaccine in India is as follows:
The price of the BCG injection that is generally given to the child at the time of his or her birth ranges from somewhere around 90 rupees to around Rs. 1025/- in India.
Thus, to conclude, the BCG vaccine is an important vaccine that is needed for the good health of your child. I hope this article has helped in educating you more about the vaccine, its uses, and the immunization schedule.