Vaccination is a very important part of your child’s growing up years. It is important that you, as a parent, give the right amount of dose at the right time to your child. However, at the time when your child is getting administered the vaccine, there are certain things that you should definitely keep in mind so that things do not go wrong with your child during the process. In this article, we try to understand the five things that we should try to remember at the time of giving Vaccination to your child.
The following things should be remembered at the time of giving vaccination to your child
- Never give any type of Vaccination to your child before or without consulting your doctor. Also, remember to just give the amount of dose that your doctor must have recommended. Anything less might not be too effective for your child and may not serve the purpose. Anything more than the recommended amount of dose can be reactive and might affect your child’s body in an adverse manner. Hence, the situation should be avoided
- Always remember the fact that it is never advisable to miss any of the schedules that your doctor has recommended for the vaccine of your child.miss schedules can be really harmful and the child’s immunity against the disease may really slow down during that particular period. In the case for some reason, if you are unable to give a particular vaccine to your child as per the vaccine schedule of the doctor, you should better inform him or her and then try to book an appointment for the child. But this step should not at all be missed
- Always remember that there could be some or the other type of side effects that your child can get after the vaccine has been administered into him or her. Some common known side effects include mild fever, vomiting, cough, some kind of allergies, amongst others. Fever is the most common side effect and you should not panic if your child gets it after the vaccine. All you should do is use some sponge bath to control the temperature. In case you observe that the fever has remained for more than a couple of days, then you should visit your doctor
- There are two main types of vaccines available– painless and the painful version of the vaccine. Both these types have their own pros and cons. You will be tempted to use the painless version because as a parent, you would want to avoid causing any kind of pain to your child. However, there are cons of giving this type of vaccine to your child and the same should be discussed in detail with the doctor before giving it
- Finally, whenever you go for a visit to the doctor for the purpose of administering the vaccine to your child, you should make it a point that your partner should come along as it might get difficult for the doctor to control the child after the vaccination. Taking the partners help may help in this regard